Try this refreshing and easy Cumin Lime Dressing and add it to your favorite salads. It also makes a great marinade for chicken and seafood or drizzled over grilled vegetables.
Homemade salad dressings are fast and easy. Once you start you won't be able to stop! The best part about making your own is you can adjust the seasonings, acidity, and sweetness levels to your own liking.
Only 6 ingredients are needed to whip this up!
- Avocado oil - It has a neutral flavor and light taste. Substitute with any healthy oil that works for you such as olive or grapeseed oil.
- Rice vinegar - Like avocado oil, it's light in flavor and not overly acidic. You could use 100% lime juice but I like a hit of sharpness the vinegar brings. You could substitute with white wine vinegar or white distilled vinegar but start with less and taste before adding more.
- Ground cumin
- Fresh lime juice
- Sugar - I use organic cane sugar but you could also use honey or maple syrup keeping in mind that will change the flavor slightly.
- Salt and pepper
Try this dressing on your favorite salads, like this Cumin and Lime Coleslaw, as a sauce drizzled on tacos or in a burrito bowl. It also makes a great marinade for chicken, fish and seafood or as a sauce for grilled vegetables.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Cumin Lime Dressing
- 4 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar and shake to combine.
- If not using a jar, place in a bowl and whisk all ingredients together and place in storage container with a lid
- Store in the fridge for up to a month. Let come to room temperature before using to liquefy the oil.
Love this dressing! Added 1/2 tsp chili powder as well and used the slaw for chicken tacos. Yum!
Oh yes perfect for tacos! So happy you are enjoying the recipe and thanks for commenting!
Do you think it would be ok to use erythritol sweetener instead of sugar?
Hi Christine! I have never tried that but I don't see why not. Just add a small amount at a time until you reach the level of sweetness you like.
Have this in the fridge at all times....Cant do bought dressings anymore...they taste "odd" to me....thank you!
This is my favorite dressing!! It is simple and easy to make- I always have a jar of this prepared in the fridge to add to my salad! It is a staple in my house now, thank you Andrea!!
I'm so happy you are loving it!!
Lynne N Enzweiler says
Just finished making this dressing to use on Andrea's slaw recipe in two days time, but I had to taste it because I was afraid it would be too acidic with so little sugar in it. My fears were groundless. The dressing is sweet with just a little sour and will be delicious on the slaw.