Hi! I'm Andrea and welcome to My Pocket Kitchen. With over 30 years of experience working in the food industry I aim to teach you that preparing delicious and nutritious food doesn't have to be a chore.
My journey in the world of cooking began when I was just 14. My first job was working for my grandparents who owned 3 restaurants. A few years later my mother opened a gourmet food shop and catering business where my love for cooking blossomed and I decided to make it my career.
I attended formal Chef’s training at George Brown College and many years later became a Baking Instructor at that same college.
Throughout my career, I’ve gained experience working in various restaurants, bakeries, and other food establishments. I have taught hundreds of cooking and baking classes at both the recreational and college levels. I spent time working as a food styling assistant and developed a four-recipe spread for LCBO Food & Drink Magazine. My most significant achievement to date was owning and operating a successful bakery for 6 years.
My bakery sold in 2018 and in 2019, I launched My Pocket Kitchen where I share my culinary expertise and commitment to a healthier lifestyle, offering easy-to-make, nutritious recipes with a touch of restaurant quality. I hope to inspire others on their own culinary and wellness adventures.
What You Will Find at My Pocket Kitchen
- No-fuss Recipes - I like to simplify methods so there is no time wasted on unnecessary steps.
- Reliability - Each recipe is carefully tested to ensure it can be prepared successfully no matter what your skill level.
- Nutrient-dense Recipes - After losing 70 lbs a few years ago I learned how to prepare dishes that are full of nutritious ingredients that leave you feeling satisfied without sacrificing taste.
- Support - It is my ultimate goal to teach you that cooking doesn’t have to be difficult and to provide recipes that work. Every single time. If you have a question please reach out. I am more than happy to help and support you.
More About Andrea
There are many recipes I could recommend for beginners but this Chicken Fajita Casserole is so easy and impressive. Perfect for a weeknight meamakes great leftovers!
My Pocket Kitchen was born in our rented Toronto home, where a tiny kitchen became the heart of culinary creativity. Situated in a neighborhood affectionately known as 'The Pocket,' our humble abode showed that a big fancy kitchen isn't necessary to create delicious dishes. I envisioned this kitchen as my small creative pocket, where I created recipes perfect for your back pocket—proof that exceptional meals can emerge from the coziest corners.
My inspiration can come from a variety of places such as restaurant dishes, cookbooks, culinary magazines, as well as the contents of my pantry, fridge, and freezer. When recreating restaurant or cookbook recipes, I try to enhance the nutrient value and simplify the method, so anyone can recreate them.
- Building Courage by Taking Risks
- When Delicious Meets Healthy - How Food Blogger Andrea Mut Lost 70 lbs.
- Why I Sold My Bakery to Become a Food Blogger
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have fun looking for new and inspiring dishes on My Pocket Kitchen. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. You can email email@example.com or send me a message on Facebook or Instagram. Don't forget to hit that follow button!