Beef and Broccoli Rabe Stir Fry is quick and versatile. Use up leftovers and bits and bites from the fridge. It all comes together with this Sesame Soy Dressing that doubles as a marinade.
This is one of those recipes that you can make one hundred different ways. It's a "pull everything out of the fridge" type of thing. So use it as a guideline. But I can say that this combo of ingredients was delicious! What brings it all together is this Sesame Soy Dressing that acts as both a marinade and a sauce. P.S. It's also a great salad dressing!
This is the list of ingredients I used but you can mix it up however you like. I added tofu only because I had half a block that needed to be used up and any vegetables can be substituted. Keep in mind that if a vegetable you are using requires a longer cooking time, you may want to consider pre-cooking or adding it earlier to the pan.
- Beef - sirloin, strip loin, flank and hanger steaks are all great for stir fries. If using already cooked (leftover meat) add it closer to the end. If using raw, add it sooner. I used leftover barbecued strip loin cut into thin strips.
- Tofu, extra firm
- Bell pepper, any color
- Snow peas
- White onion, or any onion you have
- Broccoli Rabe, or broccoli
- 1 recipe Sesame Soy Dressing
You can use any kind of saute pan for making stir fries. It doesn't have to be a wok. In fact, I own a good wok but I don't always prefer to use it. My go to saute pans are my cast iron. They are the most versatile pans and are totally non-stick. A good one to start with is this Pre-Seasoned Skillet. I have 3 different sizes plus a grill pan. I can't live without them now!
Can I Make This Vegan?
It's super easy to convert this recipe to suit a vegan diet. Simply replace the beef with more tofu, tempeh or extra vegetables. Also use sugar instead of honey in the Sesame Soy Dressing recipe
I hope you enjoy this fast, easy and versatile Beef and Broccoli Rabe Stir Fry. Let me know if you have any questions or comments and if you make it I'd love to hear how it went!
This post contains affiliate links. If a purchase is made I receive a small commission which helps support my web site. Thank you for your continued support.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- EASY SHRIMP STIR FRY WITH PAD THAI SAUCE
- GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH SALSA VERDE
- MUSTARD AND HERB GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN
Beef and Broccoli Rabe Stir Fry
- 200 grams beef steak, sliced thinly. Can be cooked or raw
- ½ block extra firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 recipe Sesame Soy Dressing
- ½ bunch broccoli rabe
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ large white onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare the Sesame Soy Dressing
- Place the strips of beef and cubed tofu in a bowl and pour over the dressing. Set aside.
- Wash and trim the ends of the broccoli rabe. Bring a pot of water to a boil and blanch the broccoli rabe for 3-4 minutes. Drain and plunge into ice water to stop the cooking and retain the bright green color. Drain well and set aside.
- Wash and prepare the rest of the vegetables, onion and garlic
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok on medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Add peppers and continue stirring for 2 more minutes.
- If you are using raw beef add here, with all the dressing, cook for 1 minute. Add snow peas, garlic, broccoli rabe, tofu and (cooked) beef with all the dressing.
- Let dressing come to a boil and continue stirring for another 2-3 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Serve immediately.