Spicy Ranch Dressing and Dip is easy and delicious! You probably have everything on hand to make it right now. It also makes a great dip for your favorite vegetables.
- plain yogurt, preferably full-fat
- dried chives
- dried parsley
- dried dill
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- cayenne pepper or hot paprika
- white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl. Add water or buttermilk to thin, if necessary, to reach desired consistency.
How to store it
This dressing will keep in the fridge, covered, until the expiry date on your yogurt. Place a piece of tape on your jar or container with the date in case you finish the yogurt first.
Yogurt - Buttermilk or sour cream can be used instead of yogurt. Buttermilk will create a thinner consistency.
Mayonnaise - You can omit the mayo and replace it with the same amount of yogurt. A vegan mayo can also be used.
White wine vinegar - Apple cider, rice, or white vinegar would be the best substitutes.
Dried herbs - Use fresh herbs in place of dried. You will need to double the amounts.
Cayenne pepper or hot paprika - Omit if you don't like it spicy.
For The Livy Method
This salad dressing and dip is perfect for The Livy Method to use on salads or as a vegetable dip.
Other recipes you might like
Spicy Ranch Dressing and Dip
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup yogurt, plain, full fat
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried chives
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper or hot paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- water to thin if necessary
- Whisk everything together in a bowl until well combined. Add water to thin if necessary.
- Place in a jar or air tight container and store in fridge for as long as the yogurt's expiry date.
- Substitute buttermilk for yogurt for a thinner consistency and extra tang
- Use a piece of tape on the jar or container with the yogurt's expiry date to remember when it expires.
- Use fresh herbs instead of dried doubling the amounts of each.