This Roasted Broccoli Salad is packed with exciting flavors and wrapped in a delicious creamy curry dressing.
I love broccoli so I'm always looking for new and exiting ways to eat it. This combination of flavors might not be traditional but they sure are delicious!
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Plain yogurt, preferably full fat
- Curry Powder
- Sugar or honey
- Red onion
- Lemon juice
- Almonds, sliced and toasted
How To Make This Recipe
- Rinse broccoli, trim ends of stems and peel.
- Chop into small, bite sized pieces.
- Place on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast at 425 degrees F for 10-15 mins or until tender-crisp.
- Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile mix together the dressing. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined. Set aside.
- Finely dice red onion and apple
- Place everything in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Squeeze in lemon juice to taste or serve on the side.
- Can be served right away or ideally, let rest in the fridge for 30 minutes to let the broccoli absorb some of the other flavors.
- You can skip the curry dressing and just use yogurt and mayonnaise with salt, pepper and lemon.
- Use cauliflower instead of broccoli
- Add pumpkin or sunflower seeds in place of, or in addition to, almonds.
- Use slivered or chopped whole almonds instead of sliced.
- Make it vegan by using an egg free mayonnaise in place of the yogurt/mayo combination.
- This salad will keep, covered, in the refrigerator, for 3-4 days.
- The dressing will keep for one week, depending on the expiry date of your yogurt, if using.
- Make ahead : Mix together everything but the almonds. Add almonds before serving to retain crunch.
More Salad Recipes
- SHAVED ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH CREAMY PARMESAN DRESSING
- CORN SALAD WITH CREAMY DILL DRESSING
- BRUSSELS SPROUTS, BACON AND APPLE SLAW
Roasted Broccoli Salad With Creamy Curry Dressing
- 8 cups chopped broccoli florets and stems
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 apple, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 large red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
Creamy Curry Dressing
- 1/4 cup yogurt, plain, preferably full fat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp curry powder, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Rinse broccoli, trim ends and peel stems. Chop broccoli and stems into 1/2 inch pieces, approximately.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle on salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
Creamy Curry Dressing
- While the broccoli is roasting, make the dressing
- In a small bowl whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, curry powder, sugar, and salt until well combined. Set aside
- In a large bowl combine cooled broccoli, chopped apple, chopped onion, almonds, dressing and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Taste and add more lemon juice or salt as needed.
- If making in advance, leave almonds out until just before serving.
- Store in the fridge for 3-4 days.