Honey mustard dressing is easy and versatile. Use it as a marinade and sauce for chicken or pork as well as for your favorite salad.
Only a few ingredients are needed to make this delicious dressing. I like the creaminess of regular Dijon and the crunch of grainy so I use both here.
- Dijon mustard - for it's creaminess
- Grainy Dijon mustard - for it's crunch
- Honey - balances out the tang of the mustard and vinegar. I like to use local honey.
- Extra virgin olive oil - for flavor and velvety texture
- Apple cider vinegar - brings everything together and add an extra flavor element. Look for apple cider vinegar containing "the mother" or unfiltered for best flavor and health benefits.
How to make this recipe
Like many salad dressing recipes, this one comes together in a snap! Just put everything in a jar and shake. Or put all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Use all regular Dijon or all grainy, depending on what you have on hand or what your preference is. You can also use yellow mustard.
- Use avocado or any other quality oil in place of the olive oil
- Use white wine or rice vinegar in place of apple cider.
How long does it last?
The beauty of home made dressings are that they come together in mere minutes and also last for a few weeks in the fridge!
How to use this dressing
- On any of your favorite salads or try it on this Brussels Sprouts, Bacon and Apple Slaw
- Drizzle it over steamed, grilled or roasted vegetables like this Roasted Cabbage
- Use it as a marinade for chicken or salmon like this Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix everything together in a bowl and whisk until combined. Or place all ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.