If you are short on time but still want to prepare something delicious for dinner here's your recipe! This Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs recipe comes together in no time!
- Chicken thighs - bone in and skin on for best flavor.
- Honey Mustard Dressing - this delicious salad dressing does double-duty as a marinade.
- Salt and pepper
How to make this recipe
- Prepare the Honey Mustard Dressing. This recipe uses half of the recipe so you can keep the rest to use on your favorite salads!
- Trim any excess fat and skin from chicken thighs.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Pour marinade over and turn to coat.
- Bake right away or cover and refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°F
- Heat the broiler to high and broil until crispy and browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Skim excess fat from the top of the sauce with a spoon. This is made easier by removing the chicken from the pan.
- Serve with sauce drizzled over top.
I highly recommend adding a meat thermometer to your kitchen tools if you don't already have one. My favorite is this ThermoPro Dual Probe Digital Meat Thermometer . The reason I love this one is because you just set the temperature that you want the meat to reach and it beeps when it gets there. So easy! You never have to guess if your meat is done or have to continually check the temperature.
- If you prefer to not eat the skin, keep it on for baking to keep the meat moist and remove it before eating.
- Use chicken breasts instead of thighs. If boneless, reduce baking time to 20-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°F
- This marinade also works for Tofu!
What to serve with Honey Mustard Chicken
- Corn Salad with Creamy Dill Dressing
- Cumin and Lime Coleslaw
- Easy Dill Pickle Chopped Salad
- Easy Tabbouleh Salad With Quinoa
- Black Rice Salad with Roasted Vegetables
Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on.
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup Honey Mustard Dressing
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare the Honey Mustard Dressing if you haven't already
- Trim the excess skin and fat from the chicken thighs. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place in a small baking dish and pour the dressing/marinade over chicken, turning to coat.
- Bake right away or cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- In preheated oven, bake for 30-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°F.
- Heat broiler to high. Broil until skin is crispy and browned, 2-3 minutes
- Remove from oven. Place thighs on a plate and skim off the excess fat with a spoon.
- Serve with sauce drizzled on top.
- If you prefer to eat chicken without the skin, bake with skin on and remove it before serving. This prevents the chicken from drying out.