Bacon and maple syrup take these Brussels sprouts to the next level. A simple and delicious side dish that is perfection with your favourite protein. But they are so addictive you might just want to have them as a meal on their own!
All it takes is four simple ingredients plus salt and pepper, a bit of prep time and 30 minutes in the oven and you have landed in Brussels sprouts heaven! Even those who think they don't like Brussels sprouts might fine these irresistible. Dare them to try!
How to make this recipe
- Rinse Brussels sprouts and trim off any browned outer leaves. Trim the stem and cut in half lengthwise. Toss them in a bowl.
- Separate the bacon slices. I always do this before cutting them so they don't stick together in big clumps. Cut into "lardons" which is a fancy way of saying small strips. Add to the Brussels.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss together.
- Spread everything out on a tray lined with foil or parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until bacon is cooked and crispy.
Other recipes you might like
- BRUSSELS SPROUTS, BACON AND APPLE SLAW
- BRAISED RED CABBAGE WITH ONIONS AND APPLE
- PORK MEDALLIONS IN CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
- HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN THIGHS
Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- 500 g/1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup, pure
- 4 slices bacon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse Brussels sprouts. Remove any brown outer leaves. Trim bottom of core and cut in half lengthwise. Place in bowl.
- Separate bacon slices and cut into small strips. Add to bowl.
- Add olive oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Spread everything out on a foil or parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until bacon is cooked and crispy, turning after 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.