Bacon and maple syrup take these Brussels sprouts to the next level. A simple and delicious side dish that is perfection with your favourite protein. But they are so addictive you might just want to have them as a meal on their own!
All it takes is four simple ingredients plus salt and pepper, a bit of prep time and 30 minutes in the oven and you have landed in Brussels sprouts heaven! Even those who think they don't like Brussels sprouts might fine these irresistible. Dare them to try!
How to make this recipe
- Rinse Brussels sprouts and trim off any browned outer leaves. Trim the stem and cut in half lengthwise. Toss them in a bowl.
- Separate the bacon slices. I always do this before cutting them so they don't stick together in big clumps. Cut into "lardons" which is a fancy way of saying small strips. Add to the Brussels.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss together.
- Spread everything out on a tray lined with foil or parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until bacon is cooked and crispy.
Other recipes you might like
- BRUSSELS SPROUTS, BACON AND APPLE SLAW
- BRAISED RED CABBAGE WITH ONIONS AND APPLE
- PORK MEDALLIONS IN CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
- HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN THIGHS
Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
An easy and delicious way to cook Brussels sprouts.Print Pin Rate
- 500 g/1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup, pure
- 4 slices bacon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse Brussels sprouts. Remove any brown outer leaves. Trim bottom of core and cut in half lengthwise. Place in bowl.
- Separate bacon slices and cut into small strips. Add to bowl.
- Add olive oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Spread everything out on a foil or parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until bacon is cooked and crispy, turning after 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Store Brussels sprouts in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 87kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 319mg | Potassium: 328mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Mention @MyPocketKitchen or tag #mypocketkitchen!
Made this yesterday and had a serving for dinner last night. It was delicious and more-ish. This goes into my repeat file.
Jodi Bonham says
Best Brussel sprouts I’ve ever had!!!
So delicious! Who knew I could get my family to eat Brussels Sprouts?!
I love that so much! So happy everyone enjoyed it...even the naysayers!
I had already picked a recipe for my brussles sprouts (for Easter dinner) but am going to try this one instead. You sent your email just in the nick of time. Since I won't have access to an oven, I'm going to try cooking them in a frying pan on the stove. I hope they turn out.
They should work out just fine. Just keep the heat in the lower side so as not to burn the maple syrup or add it in the last 5 mins of cooking. Let me know how they turn out!
Morning Andrea can I freeze these?
I haven't tried myself but I don't see why not!
Lorie Walker says
Hello, I only have frozen brussel sprouts. I assume I would thaw them first, but should I change anything else as they may be softer? Thank you
I haven't tested this recipe with frozen but yes you want to thaw first and dry well with paper towel. Roasting time may be a bit longer because of the extra moisture but they should turn out great!
Angela Santaera says
Hi Andrea have you tried this using turkey bacon? I am out of regular bacon and we have just started the Livy program (winter session)
I haven't tried it but I don't see why not! Let me know how it turns out! 😀
Hi Andrea it was good with the turkey bacon, maybe missing the “fat” flavour from regular bacon but we enjoyed them just the same
hi andrea i want to make this for a small dinner party but im using the oven for the main at 325 for 3 hrs. my question is can i roast the brussels before hand then reheat later and if so should i reduce the initial roasting time?
Yes you absolutely can make them ahead and then warm up before serving. 👌 Enjoy!
Just made for dinner side tonight thanks it is so easy to make and tasted great.
I am on the Livy method and I am a vegetarian. What do you suggest to sub in for the bacon?
You can just leave it out. Hope you enjoy it!
I’ve been trying for a couple years to find a brussels sprouts recipe I like, and this one is a winner. Im making this every couple of weeks now!
Joanne Schleen says
These are delicious. I'm in Fort Myers Florida and the local Trader Joe's sells Brussels sprouts on the stalk. Absolutely amazing recipe!
Judy Strmec says
These little morsels of yummyness were the perfect addition to our chicken dinner last night!
OMG I’m eating them off the tray right now and they are soooooo good that I had to comment. Winner winner Brussels sprouts dinner!!