High Protein Overnight Oats are a quick and easy, make-ahead breakfast that will kick-start your day! Only 5 minutes of prep and you are set! See the NOTES in the recipe card for variations for this tasty breakfast.
HIGH PROTEIN OVERNIGHT OATS
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup dairy or non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp nut or seed butter
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts
- 1 tbsp pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
- Small amount of fruit
- Extra milk
- Unsweetened coconut
- In a glass jar or a bowl, combine oats, nut butter, chia seeds, and hemp hearts. Add a splash of the milk and mix everything together. Add in the rest of the milk and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, or up to 5 days.
- Serve warm or cold. You can warm it up in the microwave. Heat in small increments, stirring often, until it’s the temperature you like.
- Top with chopped nuts, seeds, and fruit if using. Drizzle with maple syrup or honey if using.
MAKE IT VEGAN: Use non-dairy milk such as almond, coconut or cashew.
MAKE IT NUT FREE: Use seed butter instead of nut butter and add extra seeds instead of the chopped nuts as a topping.