Thai Style Slaw With Peanut Dressing
A crunchy and delicious Thai style slaw. It's easy to prepare and keeps for days in the fridge!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 cup edamame beans, steamed
- 4 cups (1/2 a head) savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-large carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, for garnish
- lime wedges, for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, all natural
- 2 tsp avocado or olive oil
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp crushed pepper flakes
- 4 tbsp water, or more
For the dressing
In a bowl, food processor, or blender, mix together all ingredients. Add more water if necessary to thin. The amount of water will depend on the consistency of your peanut butter. Set aside.
For the salad
Steam or blanch edamame beans for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and run under cold water to cool after cooking.
Chop peanuts and set aside for garnish.
Slice all the vegetables using a sharp knife or mandoline. Chop cilantro. Toss everything together in a large bowl.
Add dressing and toss to combine well.
Serve garnished with chopped peanuts and lime wedges.
- Store covered, in the refrigerator for up to one week. The salad will wilt as it sits but still remains crunchy and delicious!
- Substitute savoy cabbage for regular green cabbage or red cabbage or a combination of both.