Cumin Lime Coleslaw
An easy and refreshing coleslaw that's easy to prepare and lasts forever in the fridge!
Servings: 6 servings (approx.)
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded, about 1/4 of a large head
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded, about 1/4 of a small head
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup quick pickled onions
- 1 cup fresh cilantro or parsley, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup cumin lime dressing
- pumpkin seeds for garnish, optional
- fresh lime wedges for garnish, optional
Prepare Cumin Lime Dressing and Quick Pickled Onions.
Thinly shred cabbages using a mandoline or a sharp knife. About 1/2 cm or 1/8" thickness.
Peel and grate carrots.
Rinse and dry cilantro or parsley and chop.
Mix everything but pumpkin seeds in a large bowl and toss together until mixed well and everything is coated with the dressing. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days. The longer it sits the less crunch it has but is still delicious!
Garnish with pumpkin seeds and fresh lime wedges.
- Coleslaw can be prepared and stored in the fridge for 5 days. It loses crunch as it sits but it still equally delicious as the flavors develop.
- Substitute any type of cabbage. Softer varieties will lose their crunch faster so may only last 3 days.
- Make it creamy by cutting dressing in half and adding a dollop or two of plain Greek yogurt or mayonnaise. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Substitute pumpkin seeds for any type of nuts or seeds.