Cucumber Raita is an Indian side dish often served with spicy food acting as a cooling agent. It's made with yogurt, cucumber and fresh herbs.
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 cup plain, yogurt, full fat
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Cut the cucumber lengthwise into quarters. Remove seeds and thinly slice. Alternatively you can grate the cucumber after removing seeds.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to one week.
- Raita is delicious as a side to many things other than Indian food such as salads, and roasted vegetable and meat dishes. It also makes a great dip!
- If water collects on the top after refrigeration just stir it back in.