Apple Caramel Pudding Cake
Apple Caramel Pudding Cake is a self saucing fast and easy dessert. It's so simple you won't believe how delicious it is!
Servings: 6 Servings
- 4 cups peeled and sliced apples, about 4 medium
- 1 apple, unpeeled for garnish, optional
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup milk, 2% or whole
- 1 1/2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1/2 cup sugar, granulated
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 tsp salt, kosher
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, dark
- 2 tbsp flour, all purpose
- 1/4 tsp salt, kosher
- 1 cup boiling water
- icing sugar for dusting, optional
for the apples
Preheat oven to 350°F
Peel 4 of the apples, core and slice. You should have approximately 4 cups. Leave one apple reserved for garnish if desired.
Place in the bottom of a lightly buttered or sprayed 8" square baking dish.
for the cake
Melt the butter and milk. Set aside.
In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
Pour melted butter and milk into dry ingredients. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir until just combined.
Spread cake batter over top of apples.
For the sauce
In a medium bowl mix together brown sugar, flour and salt. Pour boiling water over and stir to combine.
While still hot, pour mixture over cake.
If garnishing with sliced apple, core and thinly slice apple and arrange on top after pouring in the sauce.
- If using regular table salt reduce amount slightly.
- This dessert is best served warm.
- Cake will keep at room temperature for 3 days and in the fridge for one week.
- Any type of apple except Red Delicious work for this recipe.